Quesadillas are our go-to easy meal for the whole family – they’re great to make extra and keep for a snack too! You can be super basic and just have plain grated cheese (which makes sense given Queso means cheese in Spanish) or get creative and add whatever filling you’d like. Just remember if the filling is too thickly cut or heavy it may be a bit hard to flip the tortillas. Here’s the basic how-to plus a few ideas to get you started…
- Lay a tortilla (flour or corn) flat and sprinkle with grated cheddar cheese and any additional filling of choice, then place a second tortilla on top of the first – like a tortilla sandwich.
- Melt a knob of butter in a frypan on medium heat.
- Carefully place the tortilla sandwich flat in the frypan.
- Cook until golden brown, about 4 minutes on one side, then carefully flip over using a spatula and cook on other side until golden brown.
- Remove from the pan and cut into wedges.
- Serve and eat!
Some filling suggestions:
- Tuna, cheese and sweetcorn
- Chorizo (thinly sliced), cheese, mushroom and red capsicum
- Kidney beans, cheese, red onion and green capsicum
- Bacon, spinach, cheese and tomato
- Chicken (leftovers!), cheese and jalepeno’s
*serve with sides such as avocado or guacamole, salsa, sour cream, green salad