These are super easy to make and great to throw into a school lunchbox – substitute the tuna for chicken, salmon, grated veggies, add some pesto or soy sauce to the mix – whatever you’d like! Makes about 12-14 balls.
300g cooked brown rice
185g canned tuna (add more if you love tuna.- we normally do)
40g grated mozzarella
70g breadcrumbs/panko breadcrumbs
20g grated parmesan
10g chopped chives (or herb of choice)
2tbsp Olive Oil
Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 220°C. Line baking tray with non-stick baking paper.
- Mix the rice, tuna, ricotta, mozzarella and salt/pepper in a bowl and combine well (I generally use my high speed food processor on low to combine).
- Mix breadcrumbs, grated parmesan, chives in a seperate bowl. Add oil and mix through until combined.
- Roll rice/tuna mixture into small balls (roughly 1.5 tablespoons of mixture each) and roll each ball into the breadcrumbs to coat.
- Bake for 10 minutes on one side, remove from oven, turn each rice ball over, put back in oven and bake for another 10 minutes until golden.